Wednesday 7 October 2020

Radde's Warbler in Cambs!





On Sunday received a call from Mike Weedon that Jonathan Taylor had found a Radde's Warbler near Peakirk, just shy of three miles away from my house! The weather was miserable and we couldn't relocate it.. With backup, Weedon and JT were back on the scene at dawn and the bird was thankfully still present! It showed briefly four or five times during the whole day and I managed to see it at dusk but the views were unsatisfactory...

Yesterday dawned bright and was my birthday. I made an appearance at the site just in time for the bird to show for a minute- clearly it knew it was my birthday! Once again the bird was seen only a couple of times during the day and was much more mobile than the previous days. With clear conditions at dusk and no sign today, it would appear this first for Cambridgeshire has moved on... 

No comments:

Post a Comment